Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Snowy Beauty




Yesterday it snowed all day, stopping overnight. We are expecting more snow today, and the kid in me wishes there were people here to go sledding down the hill with. It's too bad the roads are not good. I'd go pick up Heidi's girls who live 10 miles away and give them a fun day. I'm happy, not lonely or anything--everyone is a phone call, email or chat away. It's just like the snow is wasting, that's all! Hopefully they are sledding somewhere and enjoying the snow.




I remember when I was in 6th grade in Waukegan, Illinois that one night it snowed a lot and then it got icy. There was ice everywhere, but school was still in session. I lived about 8 blocks from the school and was a walker. So, we strapped on our ice skates and got to school that way. It was quick and no one would slip on the ice that way. My teacher drove a volkswagen bug and I remember it was so slippery he came around a corner near the school and his car slid for a bit. His name was Mr. Kuss, which we thought was funny, of course. He was a good teacher and I liked him.




Christmas is close now, and we can enjoy the beauty of the snow today.

2 comments:

Kelli S said...

You have some really great snow photos. It can get lonesome out there alone. MAYBE...MAYBE the roads will clear up. It's supposed to rain after Christmas.

Mindy said...

Nice memories! I have a nice sledding memory at your house with everyone there. Callie and Indy enjoyed the sledding too. I also remember Indy with huge snowballs attached to his undercoat. Fun times. I wish we were there!