Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Celtic Thunder



I went with Nancy to see Celtic Thunder. Wow is all I can say. Five men with fantastic voices. Then there were the musicians--all so great and the drummers were so good, too. You should have a listen to them sometime. The song ,"Chrismas 1915" gives a whole other meaning to "sleep in heavenly peace". Spending time with Nancy is always the best, and we've changed a little since we were 18, though not that much.
The youngest member here, is now about 15 years old and almost up to the other guy's shoulders.

3 comments:

Mindy said...

I'm so glad you got to go. How fun. My parents really liked Celtic Women so I need to show these guys to them. I'm sure they would like them too.

Kelli S said...

Ok they sound really good. And I totally have to say that the shortest guy and I'm thinking he is the youngest looks like he is twelve, how old?...I mean, if you know. It sounds like you had an awesome time. I love concerts! They are really, fun. I hope you are doing well and I love you grandma!!

Mark Regan said...

I am glad you like Christmas 1915 too. For those who don't know, it is based on a TRUE incident that occurred during World War I, and has an anti-war message that speaks to us even today, and is a real tear-jerker. I wish our Captains and Kings would pay attention to the meaning of the song.

Check out my Google Knol for links to this and other songs, including lyrics, as well as lots of information about each vocalist: http://knol.google.com/k/mark-regan/celtic-thunder/3oo5lhklxb3l0/2#