Sunday, December 14, 2008

Snow Day

It's snowing! They cancelled our church meetings--when we get one inch of snow the whole city stops. That's because in the whole Portland area there are only 5 snowplows. Jerry and I are so enjoying our relaxing morning. He's on the phone right now with his 90 year old Aunt Jewell Swertfeger in California. He hasn't talked to her in about 5 years. He talked to his Mom and his Aunt Alice Swertfeger in Missouri. Those two are only 3 years away from 90. He's sweet to them.



All the kids here are hoping for no school tomorrow and they might get their wish--it's only getting colder over the next two days.
So we'll continue to enjoy our pretty, relaxing day. We'll stare at the pretty Christmas tree and watch the snowfall. Jerry was blasting TransSiberian Orchestra. His favorite is "The Wizards of Winter".
We have our Christmas tree in the family room this year. The grapefruit tree is getting so big we didn't want to move it at all--so now it gets to be a Christmas tree, too.



2 comments:

Trac said...

I love your Christmas tree! It's so nice to have a day where you can just enjoy the view and play inside, and listen to Christmas music. How fun. I like the grapefruit Christmas Tree, that is awesome.

Kelli S said...

Ha! I got MY wish...I had no school that entire week of snow. I pretty much got Winter Break early. BOOM! Now I have an entire 2week vacation ahead of me!