Saturday, December 27, 2008

Free at Last

I finally got out of the house. When I went to the store yesterday morning for groceries, the checker said, "I am so glad to be out of the house. I was stuck there for 7 days with my kids." Made me laugh,--maybe I should be glad that I was alone, but it might have been fun in the snow and giving the kids ideas of things to do that would occupy their minds and bodies.

The party at Katie's last night was fun. She's so great to host us all. We didn't all fit into the living room to do the white elephant gift exchange.--Extra spouses this year--our family is growing. We missed everyone who couldn't make it.

It's raining and washing all the snow down and away. It went down by half overnight and now half again. By tomorrow I think that all that will be left are the big piles the snow plows made in the parking lots.

No comments: