Wednesday, May 27, 2015

May 6-12 At Alice's Place Again

In all honesty, I arrived at Alice's wishing I was on my way home instead.  I did my best, but the days dragged on.  I love Alice and tried to keep her company, but she doesn't converse.  She never was one to talk much, and now that she doesn't hear well, she doesn't care to.  She never wanted to do much, and now she doesn't want to do anything.  She finds no pleasure in anything.  I suspect that has been going on for her whole life.  She has had only one good friend her whole life, and she passed away in 2003.  Anyway, I did my best, and cleaned what I could, read what I could, etc.  I would have liked to do more for Alice, but she won't let anyone do anything.  

So now for my sad story.  I had the worst Mother's Day ever.  My children were great and they all called me, it wasn't that.  It was the fact that I was far away from them and all alone.  I sat in the sitting room at Alice's after we came home from church and I had fixed them something to eat.  Alice sat in her spot and Jerry sat next to her.  I sat in a chair and Alice did nothing between naps and Jerry ignored me and read a book the entire day. We sat there for hours, together, but alone.   He gave me the patronizing "Happy Mothers's Day" and then proceeded to ignore me all day.  It was sad.

However,  I made it through the days, looking for the bright spots in life.

I missed being able to see Willard, he was always a bright spot.

We spent 6 days and nights there and it felt like forever.  It is hard when your heart is to full of love and things you want to share and the people you are with are absent, physically and mentally.  It is hard when you see needs that should be filled, and the people you are with don't want it.  All in all, it was a very unhealthy 6 days.  I should have skipped out and gone to the movies in Springfield all by myself.  :D


No comments: