Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Poetry by Jerry

This poem was in my anniversary card:

For Paula 2011

Many years ago
I prayed to know
Who to love
Who to shove (heave ho)

Then when we met
I'd have to bet--
Loved your look (what a smile)
Little knew--you could cook

Wanted you to date
Patiently had to wait
Then on Sunday eve
At fireside I believe
Next to you I sat
Now up to bat

We made a date
And we did skate--
Prayed and knew
Life I'd spend with you

This one was on the envelope of my Valentine's Day card:

Dear Paula

I think I'm very fortunate
to have a wife like you --
You life my spirits, help me out,
and always see me through--

You're there to share my hopes and dreams
and support me all the way--
No wonder that I love you
much more than words can say

Love Jerry 2011

I have lots more of these poems.  Soon I will get out my keepsakes and copy them down, because they are all so very sweet. 

My friend wrote on facebook today: "Diamonds, flowers, steak, shrimp, lobster and a love note.  Best husband ever."  I think she has the second best husband ever.